Despite experiencing failure year after year, many aspire to improve themselves with New Year’s Resolutions. Now, nearly a month into 2022, some may have already given up.
Don’t quit! O’Fallon Public Library offers free support through a variety of resources. Use this reading guide to continue down the path of the various resolutions you may have made. Click on the links to order the items from the library catalog.
And, as always, if you’re interested in something that isn’t on this list, please don’t be afraid to ask a librarian for help. That’s what we’re here for.
- Muscle for life: get lean, strong, and healthy at any age! by Michael Matthews.
- Move [electronic resource]: How the New Science of Body Movement Can Set Your Mind Free by Caroline Williams.
- Fitness for every body : strong, confident, and empowered at any size by Meg Boggs.
- Pajama pilates : 40 exercises for stretching, strengthening, and toning at home by Maria Mankin.
- I’ll start again Monday: break the cycle of unhealthy eating habits with lasting spiritual satisfaction by Lysa TerKeurst.
- Vegetarian cooking for two: 80 perfectly portioned recipes for healthy eating by Justin Fox Burks.
- Clean eating kitchen: the low-carb Mediterranean cookbook: quick and easy high-protein, low-sugar, healthy-fat recipes for lifelong health by Michelle Dudash.
- The essential anti-inflammatory diet cookbook: delicious easy & healthy recipes to heal the immune system by Clara Farr.
- The complete idiot’s guide to overcoming procrastination by L. Michelle Tullier.
- Procrastination: why you do it, what to do about it by Jane B. Burka.
- Eat that frog! : 21 great ways to stop procrastinating and get more done in less time by Brian Tracy.
- Finish what you start: the art of following though, taking action, executing, & self discipline by Peter Hollins.
Improve Concentration and Focus
- Mind mapping: improve memory, concentration, communication, organization, creativity and time management by Kam Knight.
- Ultimate memory magic: the transformative program for sharper memory, mental clarity, and greater focus—at any age! by Jim Karol.
- Anytime yoga: fun and easy exercises for concentration and calm by Ulrika Dezé.
- Mastering the secrets of yoga flow: a unique program to improve focus, achieve peace, and reach full physical and mental potential by Doug Swenson.
- The confident mind: a battle-tested guide to unshakable performance by Nathaniel Zinsser.
- Professional troublemaker: the fear-fighter manual by Luvvie Ajayi Jones.
- The self-love superpower: the magical art of approving of yourself (no matter what) by Tess Whitehurst.
- Be a work in progress: and other things I’d like to tell my younger self by John Cena.
- Get good with money: ten simple steps to becoming financially whole by Tiffany Aliche.
- Financially forward: how to use today’s digital tools to earn more, save better, and spend smarter
by Alexa Von Tobel.
- A kids book about money by Adam Stramwasser.
- How to turn $100 into $1,000,000 by James McKenna.
- Peaceful on purpose: the power to remain calm, strong and confident in every season by Joel Osteen.
- Good anxiety: harnessing the power of the most misunderstood emotion by Wendy Suzuki.
- The power of fun: how to feel alive again by Catherine Price.
- I’m so effing tired: a proven plan to beat burnout, boost your energy, and reclaim your life by Amy Shah.
- Sleep disorders: elements, history, treatments, and research by Kathy Sexton-Radek.
- The sleep fix: practical, proven, and surprising solutions for insomnia, snoring, shift work, and more by Diane Macedo.
- Sleep smarter: 21 essential strategies to sleep your way to a better body, better health, and bigger success by Shawn Stevenson.
- The sleep solution: why your sleep is broken and how to fix it by W. Chris Winter.
- Decluttering at the speed of life: winning your never-ending battle with stuff by Dana White.
- 365 quick & easy tips: home organization: simple techniques to keep your home neat and tidy year round.
- Beautifully organized at work: bring order and joy to your work life so you can stay calm, relieve stress, and get more done each day by Nikki Boyd.
- The life-changing magic of tidying up: the Japanese art of decluttering and organizing by Marie Kondō.
- Dress codes: how the laws of fashion made history by Richard T. Ford.
- Fashion hacks: use simple sewing techniques to recycle, reuse and revamp your clothes for a more mindful approach to fashion by Janine Chisholm.
- Cotton friend sewing: the clothes I want to wear this winter by Katayama Yuko.
- Mystical stitches: embroidery for personal empowerment and magical embellishment by Christi Johnson.