Event happening tonight!
Tuesday, August 16th from 6:30 to 7:30 pm at the library.
Please join us for a FREE Educational College Financial Planning workshop that will focus on all high school students and their parents/guardians.
We’ll discuss the FAFSA form and all the other information you need to understand in order to maximize the amount of financial aid you are eligible to receive!
Even if your family isn’t eligible for need-based aid, we will cover the best strategies on how to pay for college in the most cost effective basis – without it putting a strain on the rest of your finances.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to increase your college-related tax deductions and tax credits
- How to pick colleges that will give you the best financial aid packages
- How to send your child to an expensive private university for _less _than a state school
- Which assets are taken into consideration when the U.S. Department of Education calculates your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- How to pay for college in a failing economy without relying on 529 plans, expensive private student loans or raiding your retirement accounts
- How to get ahead by developing a customized plan to meet all the college costs you will incur as a family
- How to lower your “out-of-pocket” costs and get the maximum amount of money from each school
- All of this, while at the same time protecting your retirement financial security
This is a free event and open to the general public. The content is especially geared toward parents, but students may find it of interest as well. Please register HERE as space is limited. Use reservation code 349289