The Library Director, Molly Scanlon penned the most recent entry of “News & Notes” for the O’Fallon Weekly. She reported on the monthly reading group she leads – Books & Brew. Although they are taking a break in December, the group will resume, January 23, with a discussion of their next selection, A Good American by Alex George.
The book club meets at Global Brew for one to two hours starting at 7 PM on the fourth Monday of every month.
This Saturday and Sunday, Dec 10-11, the Children’s Department will host a mini-book sale of gently used children’s books during normal business hours.
Before the holiday break, be sure and get a library card if you don’t have one so you can enjoy the cold winter nights with a good book. There are plenty of holiday themed books, CD’s, movies, and audiobooks. But we also have video games for children and adults, Nooks, Roku, and so much more you can enjoy during your well deserved time off.
Speaking of holiday schedules, other activities will take a break later this month. Be sure and check the Library’s calendar for holiday closings and classes.
- Yoga classes will continue through Dec 17 and will resume in January.
- Tutoring will be suspended for the university students’ winter break.
- Zumba classes will resume in January.
- The Library will be closed for Christmas, Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 24-25, and will re-open Monday, Dec. 26.
- New Year’s hours follow a similar pattern: closed Saturday and Sunday, Dec 31-Jan 1, and re-open Monday, Jan 2.
Be sure and check out our column each Wednesday in the O’Fallon Weekly.
Leave a Reply