The Ghost Story Contest is open to all kids and youth in 1st – 12th grade. You do not need a library card to enter.
Rules for the contest
- Submissions open October 3-November 1
- Winners will be contacted and announced by November 4
- Winners will receive a prize package and their story will be published on the Library blog.
Who can enter:
There are four categories, with one winner from each group:
- Grades 1st-3rd
- Grades 4th – 6th
- Grades 7th-8th
- Grades 9th – 12th
- Word Limits – Max 1000 words/Minimum 350 words.
- Stories should be wholly original, written in the writer’s own words. Do not use characters from other stories or film (like Harry Potter, Disney characters, Pete the Cat, etc.)
- Stories can be typed using this online FORM or neatly written by hand (photos of handwritten material can be uploaded as JPEG images and emailed to email@example.com).
- By submitting entries, contestants give the Library permission to adapt or edit the content for promotions related to this contest.
Entries must include:
- Full name of writer
- Phone number
- Grade level
Leave a Reply