This month, the Spotlight is on Flipster – a service that provides free digital access to over 30 popular magazines to OFPL cardholders. Whether you’re hoping to find a new recipe, get the latest in entertainment news, or learn about topics from fishing to finance, Flipster has something for every interest.
Flipster offers content through your favorite devices and can be enjoyed anytime and anywhere.
HGTV, The Atlantic and St. Louis Magazine are the newest titles added.
The most recent issue of a magazine title will be available on Flipster. To access back issues, open the most recent issue using your computer or mobile device and look for ‘All Issues’ in the right-hand column on your computer or for ‘All Issues’ in the menu on your mobile device.
You can download your favorite issues to The My Shelf screen of the Flipster app displays the issues you have downloaded to your device.
FROM YOUR PC OR LAPTOP
From the OFPL website, click on eResources then eBooks & More.
Enter your library card number in the Patron ID box and then click the Login button.
ACCESSING FLIPSTER ON YOUR OTHER DEVICES
Flipster for Android makes it easy for you to enjoy magazines on the go. To begin, download the Flipster – Digital Magazines app from the Google Play store.
On your iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, or iPad Pro the Flipster App requires iOS 10+. To download the free Flipster app, search the iTunes app store for “Flipster.” After downloading the app to your device, you must find O’Fallon Public Library before searching for magazines.
To find your library:
- Open the Flipster app on your device.
- Tap Get Started.
- Tap Allow if you would like to enable the app to use your location to suggest libraries near you that offers Flipster. Otherwise, tap Don’t Allow to manually search for libraries by using a library name, postal code, city, or state/province.
- Tap the Log In button for your library.
- Enter your Flipster login values (library barcode, etc.) and tap Login.
After logging in, you are taken to the Explore screen of the Flipster app, displaying the titles available from your library.
On your Kindle Fire, you can download the Flipster – Digital Magazines app; you will need to allow the installation of apps from “unknown sources” on your device. To ensure this setting, tap the Settings Icon on your homepage.
Not only does Flipster have a wide variety of magazines, it’s an opportunity to search for just the right article to help you with a home repair in This Old House or a health question in Prevention.
Naturally, if you need help accessing or downloading the app, you can call or come into the library and we can guide you through the steps.
Happy exploring, Susan C.
- Book Sale Results and Tax Savings from Director Ryan Johnson
- The Hobbit — Climbing the Stairs with an O’Fallon Librarian
- Live Presentation by the History Guy and More Events in Library News & Notes
- Free Diapers for Families at O’Fallon Public Library
- 21 Books to Read for Mental Health Awareness Month, a Reader’s Advisory