We are still fortunate that the O’Fallon Weekly provides our library a column to share
information. If you did not get last week’s issue, here’s a brief summary. Of course you can read the entire article and newspaper here.
Barring weather event, our parking lot will be repaired beginning Wednesday, Nov. 2-4.
“Parking will be limited during this period. It is too late to change the date materials will be due back during this time. However, we will not charge any fines on materials due those days! Check our website and social media for updates or any changes to the dates,” said Teri Rankin, our Youth Services Director.
As always, Rankin and the Youth Services team work to support students in a variety of ways, including 2 free tutoring sessions in any subject area for elementary and secondary students. To schedule a half hour session on Monday through Thursday between 4-8 p.m., Saturday: 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., or Sunday: 1-4 p.m. call (618)632-3783 ext. 2.
In addition to tutoring, we have online databases, such as Culturegrams which provides access to geographic and cultural information to support a variety of assignments or satisfy curiosity about other countries. Just go to: ofpl.info/kids and scroll down to “Kids Resources.”
Barnes and Noble Book Store is sponsoring a Book Fair on Sunday, November 13 and a portion of the proceeds will benefit the library. Mention the O’Fallon Public Library when you check-out. Events at the book fair include:
- a Dewey Decimal contest
- a farmyard photo booth
- library trivia
- sign up for library cards for O’Fallon residents (bring an official piece of mail with your O’Fallon address and a picture I.D.
- At 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. story time centered books about the farm in the forest
- farmyard bingo and you may win a prize
- Face painting will occur from 2-4 p.m.
On another note, the O’Fallon Public Library is open November 11, Veteran’s Day. From 1-3 p.m. special activities
for kids in kindergarten through sixth grade are planned such as the newest board games selected by Ashely, from Fantasy Books and Games. Plus there will be snacks and crafts, so don’t miss out!
- Book Sale Results and Tax Savings from Director Ryan Johnson
- The Hobbit — Climbing the Stairs with an O’Fallon Librarian
- Live Presentation by the History Guy and More Events in Library News & Notes
- Free Diapers for Families at O’Fallon Public Library
- 21 Books to Read for Mental Health Awareness Month, a Reader’s Advisory